Thursday, February 16, 2012

Drum Roll Please...

Yesterday I promised to show what I have done for the tat a long found on Umi&Tsuru.
I was silly and jumped in without really reading the pattern so used the wrong size thread, and discovered I really need to work on my tension, no two flowers turned out the same. Oh well I'm going to use them anyway as I absolutely love the colourway.(yes I realise I made one too many, I hoped by making an extra I'd have four useable ones) The thread is peaches and onions by Yarnplayer. I wish I had ordered more!

On a more positive note, it looks like for the first time in almost two weeks I will have all three kiddos in school! Very exciting as that means I can make the hour drive to visit my little sister and try get some belly pictures taken of her before she brings my new niece into our strangely wonderful family. I was hoping to have a little smocking done to bring her, but with my sick children, that just didn't happen. Hopefully I'll get a chance to make up a flannel cap and gown in the next week. (and hopefully the wee one will stay put till then)

1 comment:

  1. There is no wrong size threads. I used Size 40 because I wanted a variety of colours and that was the thread I had. You could use whatever size thread you like. I think the pattern in the book was tatted in Size 20 threads. This colour is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete